Monday, March 02, 2009

Ashes' Rashez



When I analyze the above graph that depicts the number of posts on my blog per month, retrospect on my state of mind, and read my previous posts, it gives, to some extent, an indication of my stress level over the past 21 months. There have been many months when I posted quite frequently, and when I look back, I find that I was stressed, frustrated, or depressed. That I was real busy and not low was only for the months of Feb and April 08. Blogging came as a real help for most of the other times. Writing gives me the kicks and acts as an anti-depressant. Related viral activities like Googling or Wikiing when required also helped keep the devil away from an empty mind.

Q4, 2008 saw me getting inclined towards reviewing movies, which was useful in killing up a huge chunk of my free time in more ways than one. Watch movies, explore IMDB and wiki etc, write reviews, find out more related movies, download them, watch them and review them again, thereby creating a circle I was very happy with. People started liking my reviews and I started getting requests for more reviews, making new friends in the process. Rambling Mutterings was proving to be a friend in need, indeed.

The onset of 2009 saw me giving lesser time for this friend I visited every few hours, and then one fine day, I abruptly didn't feel the need. No time for getting stressed/depressed. Rambling Mutterings did not complain but its readers did. Despite getting multiple reminders from many of you in the forms of comments, emails, and IMs, I didn't keep the friend whose existence depends on me. I had so many plans (ideas to write about) for it but nothing materialized.

There is a beautiful reason called 'rashez' behind the neglect, and I am not at all sorry. It’s a month and a half that I met her for the first time. I still remember the way she turned, bouncing her hair back, when I called from within my car waiting for her at MG Road. She was a bit lost initially but then grew comfortable by the end of our first date and things have never been the same since then.

Not only are our names similar and our birthdays concur, but our behaviour, likes-dislikes, and tastes match to quite an extent. We even share the same fooding habits; we have exactly similar favorites, though I need to develop in her a taste for Italian food, and teach her using chopsticks. I enjoy spending time with her, teasing her, irritating her, and then going back appeasing her. We love and quarrel, and keep pulling each other’s leg, I over her अशुद्ध हिन्दी, and she over my lots of other things.

Our story is more like an express, things clicked and everything happened so fast, we have already become the closest of friends. We have shared so much, gotten so close, that we often feel we’ve known each other for ages. I know she is The One. The One I can spend the rest of my life happily. I only wish I had met her earlier.

Anyway, I am not going to forget this good friend and would be loyal to it. Shall visit regularly and though I cannot promise, I shall try to write one post a week. Or lets start with three a month.


53 comments:

Anonymous said...

And may I just say...All the best for a fabulous life together!

Amiya Shrivastava said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

Anadi:

Thanks a lot.

Unknown said...

Amiya:

Thanks. Was it for the blogging or for....?

Amiya Shrivastava said...

FOr your life first and then for your blogs...that I'll read sooner or later depending upon how cool or how cranky I am..

Vamsee Modugula said...

Awwww...to be in love - it is the best thing ever and I can see how happy you are. Good Luck

Don't forget blogging. I look forward to your reviews.

Indigo said...

Congratulations! I was wondering where had you been, and was almost missing you when you posted this with a good news.

Anonymous said...

Wish you both a beautiful and happy time together for all your life and beyond, if there is any. :-)

Your absence was felt here but we excuse you, for, the reason was very strong.

Baki baatein offline. :)

Unknown said...

May you both always be happy together.....ALL the GOOD LUCK for you....Enjoy!!
With Loads of Love
Meenakshi,Anuj and Arnav

Dimple said...

All the best for your new life.. and may you have this felling forever and ever...

But, yes I would say don't forget your friends who were there in time of your need... like your Rambling Mutterings. ENJOY...

Unknown said...

Vamsee:

Thanks. :) Yeah, I am still trying to adjust in love :) You see that is a new phenomenon for me. Once that is done, I shall resume my normal reviews.

Unknown said...

Indigo:

Thanks. The missing part was mutual though. I have been missing your comments on my posts since quite a long time.

Unknown said...

Cuckoo:

Thank you dear. Life and beyond, I don't know. I hope there is some.

Unknown said...

Meenakshi:

Thank you so much. I did not know you visited my blog, and read it too!

Unknown said...

Roli:

Thanks a lot sweetheart. No I will try to keep up all the friends. Though friends like Rambling Mutterings, and friends of Rambling Mutterings (other blogs I used to follow) would find a slightly lesser time, I shall try to be more efficient.

Anonymous said...

I wish a colorful life to you :)

Anonymous said...

good hai...post me jo tumhari feeling jhalak rahi hai...accha hai be.. accha lagta hai logon ko khush dekh kar...hamesa double smile marte raho...aur accha likho.. abhi ka jo period hai uspe..

Anonymous said...

again .. congrats!!
you two are clearly feeling great ... and i feel very happy for u two
-Akhil

Unknown said...

Chaitanya:

Thanks a bunch dude.

Unknown said...

Rishabh:

Thanks yaar...achchha lagta hai log hamari khushi mein itna achchhe se shaamil hote hain to. :)

Unknown said...

Akhil:

Thanks Bhutani. I didn't know you read my blog too. This is the first time you have visited. Please keep coming back.

Kunjal said...

Congratulations!!! remember that you blog not only for yourself but also for your known -unknown friends around:)

Unknown said...

Kunjal:

Thanks! This post did a good thing for me. Many of my silent readers are coming up :) I am glad :) Don't worry, I shall keep writing now.

Vikas said...

hehe.... so this is the stimulus for the life time undertaking ... dude ... u rock ...

~vagabond~ said...

Aww...this was such a cute post. I hope she's reading it and getting all sentimental over it. Tch. Tch. But just because you're all mushy and warm and fuzzy inside is not a good enough excuse for ignoring your blog. :P

It's interesting that you blog more when you're stressed...I on the other hand blog less when I'm stressed out and busy.

Anonymous said...

:) great! wish you both lovely togetherness ahead.
thanks for a visit to my place and the intimation that you are back abogging.

Shilpee said...

Congratulations !!

Good to see Ashutosh Rambling back with his Mutterings :)

Anadi Misra said...

kya sahi popularity! lage raho...

Unknown said...

Vikas:

:) Yeah man. This is the stimulus. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Vagabond:

Thanks. Yes, she is reading it and getting all sentimental over it :)

Well, as I mentioned in the post, I get so involved in writing that I forget my tension. Busy-ness is a reason for not blogging for most of the people (read bloggers). That is the reason I don't blog daily. But that I don't blog for over a month is because I was totally stress-free. :)

Unknown said...

Trisha:

Thanks a lot. Good to see you here.

Unknown said...

Shilpee:

Thanks. Yeah, I am back. :) I didn't know you noticed that I am back or missing :P

Anonymous said...

Your blog is too romantic yaar...I feel like falling in luv too.

Anonymous said...

very nice post...i wish the good of luck for both of you.

Unknown said...

Anadi:

Haan yaar...I myself never knew I was so popular :P

Unknown said...

Mamta:

Thanks. :) Glad to know it evoked emotions in readers :)

Unknown said...

Rashmi:

Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

hey u seem so happy. kahin nazar na lagey iske liye ek kala tika. and blogging to hota hi rahega. abhi concentrate on this new friend on ur life. may be some day u can blog abt the new developments.

Unknown said...

Rahi (chronicleofmylife):

Thanks for the kaala teeka :) Sure I shall keep all of you posted about the new developments.

Anonymous said...

I might have not read all ur blogs and might not have commented on all of them but I have always liked the way u express in words... I was glad to read this one and I think this is the best blog u have ever written... well I believe if u compromise on somethin in life for another really important thing it is natural.... and love for one in life can never make u lessen ur love for others but it is just about prioritizin for the most important people in ur life ...Well m not so good at writing as u but just to convey that its all natural and u know that I am really happy to see u happy :)

Unknown said...

Garima:

Thank you so much for all your kind words. I do not consider myself a good writer, I just try to make sense when I write. But yes, it feels really good to see others share your joy and be happy with you.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog...infact nice is just too tame...great blog...all ur love and emotions are flowing out of it...great to see u so happy.

Unknown said...

Saurabh:

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the kind words. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!! so now we can expect more mushy/romantic posts? :-)

Anonymous said...

चलिये वेलेंटाइन दिवस अभी गुजरा है। यह भी प्रकृति की सबसे प्यारी अनुभूति है।

Anonymous said...

When is your next post ? And what is it about ? :)

Arrey thoda to time nikaliye janab.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog saxena....Congratulations !!

Gaurav

Unknown said...

LostOnTheStreet:

Thanks. I am sorry you expected more mushy posts and there were no posts at all.

Unknown said...

उन्मुक्त जी,

धन्यवाद. जी हाँ, यह काफी अच्छी अनुभूति है...और मैंने इसे पहली बार अनुभव किया है.

Unknown said...

Cuckoo:

The next post is coming soon. It will be about, what else other than my absence.

SIKTA...at the helm of creativity said...

I chanced upon your blog and found it very informative. The event blogs are striking enough to have a feel of the event, so, I would like to have a little chit-chat on your blogging interests. And even we are coming up with an event on startups on June 6th. So, can I have your contact details? Looking forward to hearing from you.

sikta@siliconindia.com

Mona said...

*rejoices*

उन्मुक्त said...

अरे अगली चिट्ठी कहां है।

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO