Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Love at first sight

Scene 1: The meeting.
Location: Mekhri Circle, from CV Raman Road towards Jayamahal road.


"Excuse me, how do I go to Cunningham Road?", was how she began from within her helmet, her pearly whites forming a magnificent smile, and her beautiful, azure eyes were gleaming with innocence.

"It's 4.8 km from here; you'll have to go straight, and keep following the curves till you reach an underpass on the right after which you'll have to take a compulsory left, and then you'll reach the Cantt station; the road then forks into two, take the right one, at the end you'll find a 'T' where you take a right, and a right at the next signal (approximately 1.1 km) would lead you to Cunningham Road.", blurted I in a single breath.

She had broken into a giggle by then, and obviously could not have followed the entire set of instructions thrown ruthlessly at her. She was perhaps a Punjabi, quite fair, high, glowing cheekbones, skin soft-as-a-baby made her look all the more cute. Amid chortles, she asked in a tone so innocent I was flabbergasted, "How far is your underpass?". I was quick to statistically respond with 3.4 km, and her pillion joined her in the chuckling, perhaps amused by me being such a nerd at numbers.

A sudden flash of realization dawned upon me as I saw the red light turn orange, that the poor girls were on a bike with a Delhi number plate (and hence perhaps new to Bangalore) and that I would pass through the exact route. Just in time before orange turned to green, I told her about the latter part of my revelation and advised her to follow me.

Scene 2: The ride.
Location: Jayamahal Road, Station Road, Queens Road.


I keep glancing on the rear view mirror as she follows me, and enjoy strolling in the third gear at 40 even though the road ahead is clear and inviting. She is quite animated, talking to her friend all the time, often gesturing with her left hand, the right on the throttle, seemingly quite oblivious with her being on the road. Thankfully the traffic was a bit peaceful today.

Scene 3: The parting.
Location: Indian Express Circle.


Seeing they were always on the extreme left, I halted a few hundred metres before the crossing, and she almost banged into my bike. The familiar string of giggles followed. I suggested them to keep on the rightmost lane and take the next right and their road would begin. She took off her helmet and thanked me profusely before parting. Boy, was she pretty! I was completely floored! As always, I was at a loss of words. And numbers. Am even now. Didn't even ask for her number, nor could I note down the registration number of her Kinetic Nova.

Scene 4: The aftertaste.
Location: Prestige Obelisk.


I sit down at my cubicle and ponder as I write this, working intermittently, over the possibility of Love-at-first-sight. And I realise that love is too complex a phenomenon to occur so shortly. There are a host of traits and attributes you'd generally like to have in your partner. Most people who fall in love do not do so blindly. Often it is a well-planned, well-thought series of actions. Ok, you don't have a checklist, but you do have an idea, and you fall in love with the person who falls in the set of ideas you have about them.

This is an endless topic and I can go on and on. But yes, I felt a bit different with this female I met today. I would definitely like to try things out with her. We might be able to, if Miss Giggles somehow chances upon this post, but that's a probability I am not really banking upon.

35 comments:

Bhuvan Chaurasia said...

hmmmm... now i understand ki aaj office mein kaam hote hue bhi mann nahi lag raha hai kaam mein.. good going dude..

Unknown said...

kya baat hai bhai.... raste raste tujhe dhonthi hai nazar ghar ghar ghomte...... Kya yeh Payar hai!!!!!! Haan yeh payar hai1!!! lolzzzzzzzz.. Good Going Dude...

Rishabh Makrand said...

1.
Ek nazar me bhi pyar hota hai.. maine suna hai..
2.
ye..Pyar ajab si chiz hai ..jaab ho jaye taab ho jaye.. dil diwana kho jaye to..tauba tauba ho jaye...

good to see that a person who falls in love with numbers can also fal in love with a girl..

will pray for you..

KT said...

Observations:

1. thoda dangerous driver hai .... distances rat liye hain matlab hamesha nazar saamane nahin bike/car ke odometer par lagi rahti hai

2. bandiyan and no. nerds don't co-exist (rem I didn't say can't)

3. aisa mere saath kyun nahin hota... :(

Anadi Misra said...

Nice...well crafted story...Aisi, jaisi bahut logon ki kahani hoti hai....For me, the only overdone bit being the magnificent smile, azure eyes, gleaming with innocence part...seems forced, as if you were trying to create a good first impression, or borrow from popular fiction where writers spend a lot of time describing features, but here it doesn't seem to fit in with your style...It seems that after this shaky beginning, you eased into it and the story flows almost seamlessly from that point forward....Good effort! Makes a nice reading!

Ending with what AB said in Sholay... yeh kahani bhi adhuri reh gayi

Unknown said...

Bhuvan:

Hmmm...well, that's not the only reason. And please be discreet about it. What if my boss reads this? :)

Unknown said...

Pooja:

Finally you reach my blog and comment. Welcome and thanks. Keep coming.

BTW, is that a song? Or a ghazal? I am sure you did not make it up...

Unknown said...

Rishabh:

You seem to have a first-hand experience. Thanks for your prayers.

Anonymous said...

abe ghadhe...5 min barbaad kar diye jindagi ke...
aise love at first site to rozz hote hain...abhi din din mein teen ho gaye cunnigham road pe

Unknown said...

KT:

Nice observations.

1. Re the distance, well, I've been travelling on the same route everyday for the past six months, and you do not have anything else to do on the road.

2. With my single status for so long, looks like you are right about the number-nerds and bandi coexistence.

3. Someone just said the same happens thrice a day with them. :)

Unknown said...

Anadi:

Thanks. I get your point. I was trying to put my first impression into words. Of course I didn't think at such a detailed level then, but when I started to type it down and recall what I liked, it got overdone.

Unknown said...

Moti:

:) Sahi hai yaar...Even if you are exaggerating a bit, that's a nice number. Please share the secret. Is it only not shooting numbers at someone if she asks for directions?

Shailendra said...

"I would definitely like to try things out with her" :-) this is nice,abe that was a social work u did. Directing an innocent girl to her destination. Typical of a man.. ladki hash ke kya baat ki.. Pyar ho gaya.. :-)

Nice telling though overdosed with lot many adjectives for the Delhi gal.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this post of ur's. Very well written in terms of style of writing...and the detailing... quite engaging...:).

Not sure about this particular "Miss Giggles"...but hope u find ur "Miss Giggles" soon man!!!

Oh..yes and u r good at numbers...!!!..;).

Unknown said...

Swapnaja:

Thanks for the appreciation and good wishes. :)

Anonymous said...

Guy,

You are soon to win a pulitzer. Every blog is better that the previous one.

Amiya Shrivastava

Anonymous said...

I can only suggest... Watch a movie ... " On the Line " ;)

& Good Luck !

Unknown said...

after this...next, you will start understanding lyrics/songs...i mean you will feel the songs instead of just listening them

Unknown said...

Shailendra:

Abe pyar nahi hua...I said I pondered over the possibility of Love-at-first-sight and later realized that that is not possible for me.

Unknown said...

Amiya:

Why are you making fun of me dude?

Unknown said...

Shruti Anonymous Johri:

Hmm. Let me ask my dear friend Vijay to download the movie for me.

Unknown said...

Sanjay:

Dude, I am sick and tired of feeling the songs and lyrics without someone being the object of feelings. So sick that these days I do not like to listen to that kind (read romantic) of a music, and tend to change the channel on the TV or press 'B' on Winamp if such a thing comes up.

And as others, you have mistaken me. I did not fall in love with that girl, I can not fall for someone in such a manner.

Anonymous said...

mast blog hai... sahi likhta hai yaar tu

Anonymous said...

Kaun hai yeh punjabi?...pata kar...arre aas paas kahin office hoga uska

Anonymous said...

congratssssssssssssss
u r in loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
the most beautiful thing on earth...

Anonymous said...

so u r in the verge of calling in love :) and atleast u r thinking about it...

Unknown said...

Avnish:

Thanks a lot dude.

Unknown said...

Garima:

Ab chhod yaar...its not worth fighting for...scene 4 summarizes that.

Unknown said...

Anonymous:

:) No I am not at the verge of falling. Am stably firmed on the ground. :)

Am not even thinking about it. In fact, was thinking the opposite. Read Scene 4 carefully.

Nova said...

Wow! This was a cute post! :)

Hope she reads it and responds! :) Waise i agree with what u have written... Love is usually quite a planned thing!

Unknown said...

Nova:

Thanks a lot. Appreciations coming from a top blogger on wordpress are quite valuable.

BTW, did you get a chance to read my other posts as well?

Anonymous said...

ohho love at first sight. btw how many times have u had similar love at first sights. just joking. so were u successful in finding her. my personal experience is that if u really want to see something/someone again, god certainly gives u a second chance. did u get ur second chance. did u take her phone number the next time.

Unknown said...

Rahi:

:) Yeah, I would have had a similar feeling many times, but as I said, Love is too complex a phenomenon to occur so shortly.

No, I did not get a second chance, but I wonder if I would have the same zeal to get her number the second time I chance her...though I dont know if I'd be able to even recognize her the next time :P

Anonymous said...

Kya baat hai…….waise manna padega tumhari nazro ko.....haan as far as my understanding for love is concern, it comes in many colors, giving a sky to all its emotions, an emotion that shines in all eyes for all ages. From happy moments to tearful thoughts, love conquers all.

Unknown said...

Rashi:

:) Thanks.

Agree with you on love coming in all shapes and sizes, and the overshadowing emotion to many others, happiness, sadness, frustration, depression, regret, and whatnot. Love is like the alpha and the omega; it acts as roots to those emotions and times and as ends to those emotions. Indeed a very powerful one.

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO