Saturday, November 17, 2007

Weekend Sunrise

No assignments to be submitted in the morning, no exams to be attempted, and no deadlines to be met. But it reminded me of the good old hostel days when we used to stay awake through the major part of the night idling away, watching a movie, or simply chatting, or playing NFS or even watch someone else play. I really enjoyed the night-out yesterday reading, writing, watching, playing, crunching numbers, and getting nostalgic doing the various other things I generally enjoy on my computer.

During my joie de vivre, little did I realize the most gratifying part lay at the end of the night. It was just before the break of dawn when I crept up to the terrace, afraid I might wake up Mom, in which case I’d have got chided for being up all night.


The morning tranquil was so soothing, so fresh, and so cool. There were a few stray birds chirping here and there. The entire east side of the sky was a hue of yellowish-orange, getting redder by the minute. And then there was this flock of birds frolicking in the far south, circling about in a huge wave. A couple of joggers caught my eye on the pavement beneath.

And then I saw it. The scarlet disc came out proudly out of the distant horizon, making the sky blush and turn into a crimson red.


I can’t remember when was the last time did I see the sun rise. Must have been ages. In fact I felt I had never felt the same ever before. It was such an exhilarating experience I could see my vision blurred of moistness. The expressions are inexplicable in words.


I never knew the sun rises so fast. One moment (06:22:03 AM) I saw a segment of it, and then suddenly (06:24:18 AM) it was the whole disc, and another moment (06:27:14 AM) it was bright enough to form a glare on my lens.


When I came down, Mom was already awake and was extremely surprised to see me coming from outside rather than from my room. Papa was up too, and I had another exalting experience: I prepared the morning tea for everyone, unlike another long time that my parents have been doing it for me everyday.

PS: The pictures above are actually thumbnails...you might want to click on them and enjoy the full-sized photographs.

18 comments:

Cuckoo said...

:)))))))))))
You can see my smile.

As I said earlier, sunrises/sunsets fascinate me. Perfectly captured shots and nice narration too.
So, you can make tea atleast ! :)

I have a full sequence shot for a sunset at a beach but with my still camera & tripod.

Unknown said...

Thank you Cuckoo.

Well, I'd be bragging if I say I can make much more than tea. But you can definitely expect a recipe-blog from me in the near future.

Looking forward to your sequence shot. Why don't you upload it on youtube or somewhere?

Violet said...

Nice pics.. I see you have got bitten by the blogging bug quite badly ;) You remind me of my days in Alld., when sometimes during exams I would get up really early to study and watch the sun rise so gracefully..

Unknown said...

Violet,

Thank you so much. Now I've begin writing the way you do...straight out of the heart...not giving much thought and not googling too much...thats the reason for these quick posts...

That reminds me, you were writing a post on Bangalore...

Anadi Misra said...

Yaar tu expert fotographer ho gaya hai...jumma jumma char din hue nahi camera aaye hue aur itni tarakki! Good...though somehow, I like your sunset pictures better...As a suggestion, you should have taken a few more pictures when the light increased, maybe not of the sun but the things influenced by its rise...I always love how the land and trees look when the sun rises...That is the majesty of the sunrise IMHO...the beginning of day and metaphorically...hope and life.

Unknown said...

Anadi,

बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद| Yaar I had tried taking pictures when the light had increased. But it increased so rapidly, it was broad daylight within minutes! Maybe I should take photos at dawn, before sunrise. The sky was similar to what that last photo in my sunset collection was, but then I was trying to live in the moment rather than taking pictures :P. But shall do that next time I have a night out. :P

Anonymous said...

Very beautifully written. Though its been ages I myself saw sunrise, the article left me with a feeling of fascination towards it.

Unknown said...

Rupali,

Thanks. The experience is totally fascinating! Try it out some time, you'd enjoy it more without a camera...

Anonymous said...

Ye to aur bhi achchi pics hain... but now I can say ki ye photograpy ka kamaal hai...

its good that you started posting blogs frequently and enjoying too... ye to theek hai ki night out maari par uske baad kab soya aur kab utha? baaki sab achcha hai par thoda sona-utha bhi regulate karo na baebu :)

I wish ki ab tum regualr blogs post karo aur photograpy, work mein busy raho but again, I want to warn you to sleep well otherwise khoob pitti ho jayegi, samjhe!!!

Shailendra said...

God!! Explain!! What was the reason ? u got of the bed so early..Was it sunrise or neighbor’s daughter!! Joking!!Valiant attempt though whatever may be the reason. Actually some time i also c the sunrise ,when my weekend party somehow or the other get extended till morning. Standing in my balcony , feet diddering , breathing the fresh air..n than starting the day with a morning nap!!

Unknown said...

Roli,

Thank you so much! You are one great fan of my photography!

Yes dear, I am trying to regulate my sleeping patterns. Par us din socha mann ki baat maan lein...:) Shall come up with more photos and blogs soon.

Unknown said...

Shailendra,

I guess you missed that I did not get up early; I never went to sleep, the way you do it. :)

longblackveil said...

Lovely pics, Ashes. And nice blog. I'll drop by often now.

Unknown said...

Saab,

Thanks. Did you get a chance to read my older posts?

Please keep dropping by. :)

Shilpee said...

Beautifully written and captured.."The expressions are inexplicable in words." .. very true..

It's been long time since i saw sunrise..i think all late rises (like me) should take a lesson :)

Unknown said...

Shilpee:

Thanks a lot.

Well, perhaps that morning was one in a few years that I witnessed the sun rise. I myself need to take a lesson :).

~vagabond~ said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos of the sunrise. I love sunrises...it's the getting out of bed early enough to see them part that's really hard to do.

Unknown said...

Vagabond:

Thanks a lot. Yes, that is the most difficult part, which was quite easy for me a decade ago. Ah, how much I miss that time!

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO