Monday, June 25, 2007

Finally...

When I logged into my blogger account last weekend, I found Blogger has metamorphosed: the latest beta version (codenamed Invader) was released and then taken out of beta, there were a host of features never seen before, and Blogger had completely moved out from Pyra Labs’ servers to Google operated ones—I had to integrate my blogger account with my google account to start posting.

Well, I was bitten by the blog bug sometime in October 2005 when I created this blogger account. However, it was mainly to post non-anon comments at friends’ blogs, and with a faint hope that I would start blogging myself sometime. Finally the hope fulfils. :)

I was surprised at how fast things change. (Yes I know I should expect time to fly)—it has only been a year and a half, and I find everything around me has changed. I’ve had two job switches, my parents moved to Bangalore, I’ve grown shoulder-length hair and switched back to crew cuts at least thrice. My friends have been going places, hopping jobs and cities and continents, some coming up with startups, others getting married, some even attaining parenthood—and I couldn’t come up with a single post in this time. But yes, I was busy elsewhere—hunting jobs you might say.

Even the topics I had thought I would write upon are either irrelevant now or I’ve forgotten the details. However, an entire new set of ideas and thoughts have come up and I intend to regularly write on them and publish.

Let us hope I do not get busy in hunting again and present you with some posts soon.

16 comments:

Ravi Agrawal said...

der se hi sahi par durst aaye ho..
ummeed hai kuchh naya laye ho..

Ashu said...

dude....life's like that :) happy blogging .....hopefully I would also post something soon :D

Siddharth said...

happy blogging, looking forward to read u.

Anadi Misra said...

Sahi! Welcome!

Cuckoo said...

Welcome to the blogworld !!

And I was pleasantly surprised to see my name in your 'blogs worth reading' list.
Wow ! Right now I stand alone there. Gives a nice feeling. :)

Thanks a lot. Keep visiting my blog.

And Happy blogging !!

Unknown said...

Ravi,
Is blogworld mein aa to sabhi jaate hain...
Dekhna hai hum kitne din tik paate hain...

Thanks, you were the first to write a testimonial on my orkut profile and the first to post a comment on my blog. Tu sachcha dost hai yaar!

Ashima, Siddharth, Anadi,
Thanks. A few pieces are in the draft...shall post them very soon.

Cuckoo,
Thanks. The pleasure is all mine. :)

I had been reading your blogs all of last week and thought you deserve to be applauded. You stand distinct among all bloggers, and hence you stand alone in that special section on my blog too!

On second thoughts, if you feel lonely there, please refer some good blogs, and I shall try to arrange company for you. :)

BTW, how did you know I had added you there?

Keep visiting. Need blessings from veterans like you.

Cuckoo said...

Oh thank you for those lovely appreciations and encouragement. I need them to keep me going and blurting out my sane/insane thoughts. :)
Let me know which posts of mine made you think like that ?

Also, can I ask, how you stumbled upon my blog?

And me a veteran ?? Come on, not even completed a year in blogging. Younger than you in fact. :)

Keep posting.

Unknown said...

Cuckoo,

I liked almost all of your posts, moved by many. But if you want me to pick up a select few I'd name
CRY Man, CRY !!, Feminism ??, Whose Gain, at What Cost ? - I and II, तुम अनछुई सी, For Once..., and Tears of Joy, not in any particular order. I know I should be commenting about these on your blog rather than mine, but since you asked, I started off here.

Well, Kamal is a good friend of mine from college, and his blog led me to yours. You did not answer my question about you discovering your blog is featured on mine. Doing a lot of egosurfing lately?

And are you making fun of me by calling yourself younger? :)

Violet said...

nice reading your blog.. though there is hardly anything thats new to me ;)
anyways.. i am inspired.. am thinking of blogging myself..

Unknown said...

welcome to Bloggers' club

Cuckoo said...

Ah ! You picked up all my favourite posts. There are many more that I have not mentioned there. And on many, your good friend KT has discussed views.

Ok, so you came via KT's blog. Where is he lost these days? No blogging. I must knock at his doors now.

Egosurfing ? What is that? I looked at my Technorati links & saw that you'd linked me.

And pls, I would love to have more & more comments on my posts. They are the real encouragement for me.

Unknown said...

Bharvi,

Thank you. Yes, tumse kya chhupa hai...now do make use of the inspiration and let your blog roll on too!

Kaler,

Thanks.

Cuckoo,

There are many more that I have not mentioned there. 'There' bole to?

KT has moved to Bangalore and is maybe too busy with his new job.

Egosurfing is the practice of searching for one's own name, pseudonym, or screen name on a search engine, to see what results appear.

And yes, I know the importance of comments, shall do that on your blog.

Anonymous said...

hey just to give u a feeling that u r not alone ........ I too made an account but never came up wid a blog ....... well now I have an inspiration n probably I wud also find some time to write ........tho I ma not hunting jobs n m in no mood to do so either :) and i think u forgot that u did finally meet a friend after 11 years in this last one n half years :) just kidding

Cuckoo said...

Well, 'there' bole to not in my fav list but archived.

LOl.. you gave me wiki link for egosurfing ?? I knew what it was but was trying to tell you I don't do it.

And thanks for your comments on my blog. Keep them flowing.

Unknown said...

Garima,
Thanks for giving me company. :) And yes, I should admit getting to meet you was a remarkable and tough-to-achieve job I did. ;)

Cuckoo,
I knew you'd know, but I thought that wiki link would have helped a few others like this colleague of mine.

Anonymous said...

Good start!

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO