Sunday, July 27, 2008

Triskaidekaphobic Dancegoers

Well, I am neither afraid of 13 nor do I go attend dances, and I do not know anyone with similar tendencies, but this does look a whacky title for a post written to introduce the words Triskaidekaphobia and Dancegoers on the same webpage. Why did I need to do so? To record a GoogleWhack in the Whack Stack.

From the official website, a Googlewhack is that elusive query(two words-no quote marks), that returns a single, solitary result. There are three rules to it:

  1. both of the terms must exist in Google's list of legitimate words on answers.com,
  2. a Google search on the words without quotes should return "Results 1 - 1 of (any number)", and
  3. the two words should not be merely a part of a wordlist.
I tried a few couples of words but could not find a whack, and soon lost patience. Finding two words that occur only once together on the world-wide-web was not an easy task. I instead realised that finding a pair that does not exist at all might be easy, and I can create a page including both the words, and as soon as google indexes that page, I'll be able to record a whack, without breaking any of the rules.

So here I am, with this post. There is no other page on the web that has these two words. Let us hope I am able to record one this easy way. It is not difficult the normal way either. Why don't you too try and log one? Its fun!

14 comments:

Dimple said...

I am very happy to see you busy these days and posting almost every second day...

Good post!!! Be happy and take care... Enjoy...Lubbu a lot.

Unknown said...

Roli:

:) That's so sweet of you sweetheart. Thanks :)

Amiya Shrivastava said...

Smart man!!

Mendicant Optimist said...

Certainly took the long way round, didn't ya? I'm leaving a whack the old fashion way, just for you.

Unknown said...

Amiya:

Now I realize it was perhaps not smart enough. It took three days to get it registered, and I was at the risk of having my whack open on the net, could have been stacked by someone else.

Unknown said...

Ghost:

Yeah right, the old fashioned way is better, but then I just wanted to test this loophole. Of course, one'll need to create one page for each whack they stack.

Mendicant Optimist said...

Right. Sorry about the protohumen thing. Just be glad your name doesn't whack with cruddiness (or borg).

Unknown said...

Ghost:

Thats not even a word!! Even answers.com does not have a definition for it, even though it is shown underlined in a google search for protohumen ashes.

But what are you? A dictionary or what? You've got 25 whacks in the 100 on the first page!! I mean, WTF!!!

KT said...

Oh well u might already know that ... but it is called Google Whacking. Check out http://www.googlewhack.com/

In fact I had come across a pdf document where a Google employee had compiled as what all fun can be had on Google and this was on top of all of them

http://say-na-something.blogspot.com/2006/06/google-masti.html

KT said...

in fact just so that u don't have to go to my blog u can also check out http://www.55fun.com/ :)

Anadi Misra said...

Sahi...kaafi gyaan-vardhan kar rahe ho tum mere jaise logon ka....Otherwise, we are at the fringe of this technology :)...

I checked the other day and it worked :)...BTW how did you decide on this combination?

Unknown said...

Anadi:

:) Gyan-vardhan kya...useless cheez hai actually, but a really good time pass...

Re how did I decide on this combination, I picked up dancegoers from one of the earlier whacks, and clubbed it with one of the most complicated words I could think of then :)

Apoorv Gawde said...

haha, nice one man!

maybe one of these days, I shall manage one too :)

Unknown said...

Apoorv

:) Yeah, that was just the beginning. I later realised it is not that difficult doing it the old-fashioned way.

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO